Metasploit mailing list archives

Re: Problem with the search command

From: Ulisses Castro <uss.thebug () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 9 Dec 2009 10:45:14 -0200

Try help...

msf > search -h
Usage: search [options] [regex]

    -h        Help banner.
    -r <opt>  Minimum rank to return
(manual|low|average|normal|good|great|excellent)
    -t <opt>  Type of module to search for
(all|auxiliary|encoder|exploit|nop|payload)

And then... choose the rank...

msf > search -r manual adobe
[*] Searching loaded modules for pattern 'adobe'...

Exploits
========

   Name                                          Rank       Description
   ----                                          ----       -----------
   windows/fileformat/adobe_jbig2decode          good       Adobe
JBIG2Decode Memory Corruption Exploit
   windows/fileformat/adobe_pdf_embedded_exe     excellent  Adobe PDF
Embedded EXE Social Engineering
   windows/http/adobe_robohelper_authbypass      excellent  Adobe
RoboHelp Server 8 Arbitrary File Upload and Execute.
   windows/fileformat/adobe_geticon              good       Adobe
Collab.getIcon() Buffer Overflow
   windows/fileformat/adobe_u3d_meshdecl         good       Adobe U3D
CLODProgressiveMeshDeclaration Array Overrun
   windows/browser/adobe_jbig2decode             good       Adobe
JBIG2Decode Memory Corruption Exploit
   windows/browser/adobe_utilprintf              good       Adobe
util.printf() Buffer Overflow
   windows/fileformat/adobe_utilprintf           good       Adobe
util.printf() Buffer Overflow
   windows/fileformat/adobe_collectemailinfo     good       Adobe
Collab.collectEmailInfo() Buffer Overflow
   windows/fileformat/adobe_illustrator_v14_eps  great      Adobe
Illustrator CS4 v14.0.0
   multi/fileformat/adobe_u3d_meshcont           good       Adobe U3D
CLODProgressiveMeshDeclaration Array Overrun
   windows/browser/adobe_geticon                 good       Adobe
Collab.getIcon() Buffer Overflow

msf >

Good luck! ;)

I just updated my msf trunk today and used the 'search' command to
locate netapi exploit. Every time I ran the command I got the
following message

msf > search ms08_067
[*] Searching loaded modules for pattern 'ms08_067'...
[-] Invalid rank, should be one of: manual, low, average, normal,
good, great, excellent
msf > search ms08
[*] Searching loaded modules for pattern 'ms08'...
[-] Invalid rank, should be one of: manual, low, average, normal,
good, great, excellent
msf > search netapi
[*] Searching loaded modules for pattern 'netapi'...
[-] Invalid rank, should be one of: manual, low, average, normal,
good, great, excellent
msf > search
[*] Searching loaded modules for pattern '.*'...
[-] Invalid rank, should be one of: manual, low, average, normal,
good, great, excellent
msf > search tcp
[*] Searching loaded modules for pattern 'tcp'...
[-] Invalid rank, should be one of: manual, low, average, normal,
good, great, excellent
msf > search
[*] Searching loaded modules for pattern '.*'...
[-] Invalid rank, should be one of: manual, low, average, normal,
good, great, excellent
msf >

Any clue what could be the problem?

Cheers!