Metasploit mailing list archives

Re: portable Metasploit Framework

From: AK <platsakos () gmail com>
Date: Sat, 02 Oct 2010 18:33:38 +0300

If using a CD is your problem, then there is always the option to run a
security distro which includes Metasploit, such as Backtrack, to a USB
drive.

If I copy Metasploit folder from C:\Program Files\Metasploit and nmap folder from C:\Program Files\Nmap to CDrom, it
will not work?
If not, what patches need be changed?

Regarding the above, it might (probable? I have never tried this but
YMMV) as the system you want to run Metasploit on might not include all
or correct versions of the required system files (e.g. DLLs in Windows
operating systems/registry settings etc). Therefore, your best bet is to
use a security distribution from USB/CD, provided of course that reboots
are allowed.