Metasploit mailing list archives

Re: portable Metasploit Framework

From: Norman Phillips <korund () hotmail com>
Date: Fri, 1 Oct 2010 13:46:36 +0000

If I copy Metasploit folder from C:\Program Files\Metasploit and nmap folder from C:\Program Files\Nmap to CDrom, it
will not work?
If not, what patches need be changed?

From: mubix () room362 com
Date: Fri, 1 Oct 2010 08:56:21 -0400
To: framework () spool metasploit com
Subject: Re: [framework] portable Metasploit Framework

Metasploit's Windows install is self contained with cygwin. Portable, and if you check out the svn on a mounted drive
or burn the folder for Metasploit in your favorite *nix distro, it can then be portable as well.

Essentially, there really isn't a non-portable version of Metasploit
--
Rob Fuller | Mubix
Certified Checkbox Unchecker

On Fri, Oct 1, 2010 at 7:29 AM, Norman Phillips <korund () hotmail com> wrote:

BackTrack is a Linux-based penetration testing tool which run from a Live CD, whereas I mean burning Metasploit into a
CD and run if from CD as portable application.