nanog mailing list archives

Re: Has PSI been assigned network 1?

From: Vadim Antonov <avg () sprint net>
Date: Fri, 28 Apr 1995 16:39:22 -0400

   The equipment available today is designed foolishly --
  route update processing and actual packet processing should NEVER be done by
  the same CPU -- but it is -- and as such you're dead when this happens.

Lest anyone believe this, it's bullshit.

Karl just buys low end gear and then complains because it's not high
end gear.

Tony

I suppose that a 7000 with a SSP is considered "low end" gear then?
It was *Vadim* who was complaining about CPU usage on your boxes, not me.
Karl Denninger (karl () MCS Net)

Would you please refrain from attributing to me the things i did not say?
Particularly i never said anything about "actual packet processing
by the same CPU" here.

I "complained" (heh i do not _complain_, i simply state the facts) about
CPU usage by BGP updates.

--vadim