nanog mailing list archives

Re: Airplane crashing into Atlanta-NAP

From: Allan Chong <allan () bellsouth net>
Date: Tue, 29 Oct 1996 14:28:57 -0500

Derek Elder wrote:

Heck, MCI's facility in Cary is what? Couple thousand feet from an
airport?  Perhaps we should keep ValueJet from flying around our exchange
points...

Our problem was almost losing our staff on that valujet crash.

A number of our staff were scheduled to fly on that ill fated
flight after doing a Miami install.  Install took too long and
they rescheduled.  Rest of the group was on a Delta Miami-Atlanta
flight at the same time.  We fly Delta now.

--
Allan Chong             Bellsouth.net Engineering

I should have remembered that was Andrew Jackson who said that, since
he got his nickname "Stonewall" by vetoing bills passed by Congress.
        -- Vice President Dan Quayle, confusing Andrew Jackson
        with Confederate General Thomas J. "Stonewall" Jackson,
        who actually got his nickname at the first Battle of Bull Run.