nanog mailing list archives

Re: Provider credibility - does it matter? was Re: Inter-provider relations

From: Peter Lothberg <roll () Stupi SE>
Date: Sun, 27 Oct 96 3:02:44 MET

So what's the problem? Basically, one organisation, Ebone, which
operates a fairly large pan-European net, won't peer with others. This
means that European customers connected to non-Ebone connected
providers like Global One lack European connectivity without going
through the US. Ebone provides great connectivity at cost, but the big
US NSPs making presences in Europe naturally don't want to buy
bandwidth from someone like Ebone. We'll see what happens.

- Jakob Faarvang
cybernet.dk

I don't think this is correct. Ebone peers with other pan-european
networks of comparable size, IBM, BT and EUnet comes to my mind.

G1 is a customer of Ebone and connects in Paris.

--Peter