nanog mailing list archives

Re: SYN flood messages flooding my mailbox

From: Vadim Antonov <avg () quake net>
Date: Tue, 24 Sep 1996 13:41:38 -0700

Curtis Villamizar <curtis () ans net> wrote:

I guess you missed what I proposed earlier.  It was similar though the
Fib was used so it only worked for single homed connections.  The
advantage was simplicity.  All that needed to be changed was the
forwarding code.  Your proposal involves the AdjRibIn which would
require BGP code changing flags on the forwarding entries.  A bit more
work for the router developers but covers more cases.  We both
proposed turning this on by default with cluefull people who knew
routing would be assymetric turning it off.

Good.  We finally agreed on something :)

Did i hear that you volunteered to write an I-D amending
requirements for gateways? :)

--vadim