nanog mailing list archives

Re: Netrail woes (was Re: Atlanta-NAP down (fwd))

From: Jon Lewis <jlewis () inorganic5 fdt net>
Date: Mon, 25 Aug 1997 23:25:07 -0400 (EDT)

On 25 Aug 1997, Sean M. Doran wrote:

I just read this after clearing out old NANOG mail...

Jon Lewis <jlewis () inorganic5 fdt net> writes:

The Atlanta NAP (www.atlanta-nap.net run by Nathan Stratton) is down,
probably for good.  We're a customer (luckily a multihomed one!), and
the word is WORLDCOM pulled all their circuits due to debts.  So all the
netrail.net mailing lists and stuff will be down too.

Actually, I didn't write that...I just forwarded it to the list for
someone else.  The closest FDT ever got to being a Netrail customer was my
emailing Nathan and getting some quotes for a frame connection.  That's
about the extent of my contact with Netrail.

The actual author of the above was Jeff Garzik <jgarzik () pobox com>.

 Jon Lewis <jlewis () fdt net>  |  Unsolicited commercial e-mail will
 Network Administrator       |  be proof-read for $199/message.
 Florida Digital Turnpike    |