nanog mailing list archives

Re: BBN Peering issues

From: "Jay R. Ashworth" <jra () scfn thpl lib fl us>
Date: Thu, 13 Aug 1998 17:41:27 -0400

On Wed, Aug 12, 1998 at 09:39:46AM -0400, Adam Rothschild wrote:
If anyone would like to communicate privately about the BBN Peering issues,
please drop me an email, or call.

I would like to communicate openly and publicly about this.

What I would like more than anything right now is some official word from
high-up's at BBN regarding what this policy entails exactly, and what
their rationale is behind it.

That is, a public explanation other than the all-too-obvious "We're
greedy.  Welcome to the business world.  We're not going to change our
minds, so shut the fuck up and buy some transit, you dumb suckers."

Based on just that little slice of the conversation, is BBN doing what
UUnet apparently failed in _it's_ attempt to do last fall, to Jack
Rickard's (and my) vast amusement?

Cheers,
-- jra
--
Jay R. Ashworth                                                jra () baylink com
The Suncoast Freenet      "Two words: Darth Doogie."  -- Jason Colby,

Managing Editor, Top Of The Key sports e-zine ------------ http://www.totk.com