nanog mailing list archives

Re: MCI NOC

From: Richard Irving <rirving () onecall net>
Date: Wed, 11 Mar 1998 17:39:25 -0500

Tony Li wrote:

rirving () onecall net (Richard Irving) writes:

I understand they had an earthquake.....

We _always_ have earthquakes.  They are a daily phenomenon.  The question
is, do they 'count'?  We haven't had an interesting one in a while.  See

http://www.scecdc.scec.org/recenteqs/

Sure you do.... There is even one that occured last night around the time
ofoutage..... But it wasn't in the SJC region exactly.... More like
the nevada region.... But, the "Sonet Run" in question
crosses about 70% of the united states from SJC to IndyX.....

http://cerebus.onecall.net/ohtml/quake.html

It may not be pretty, but
it links some of the Gov. Seismic centers together.

Cheers....

;)