nanog mailing list archives

Re: Is the .to (Tonga) domain completely rogue and should be removed?

From: Aaron Goldblatt <aglists () goldblatt net>
Date: Thu, 01 Oct 1998 10:26:02 -0500

But we can cut off our half of the connection if we feel it is
primarily malicious and abusive.

So, feel free to filter any IPs you see coming to Software Tool and Die's
routers that reverse to a .to domain.  Fire up your procmail filters.

But I have legitimate business with a client who is registered in the .to
TLD.  Where he got that registration from really is none of my business,
from a strictly operational standpoint.  My job is to make sure that my
customers can talk to him if they want/need to.

Deactivating his TLD just 'cause one guy is getting spammed by them is ...
well ... silly?  I guess that means we should revoke AOL's SLD, and
Hotmail's SLD, and Yahoo's SLD ... I get spam from them -all-the-time-.

ag