nanog mailing list archives

Re: IGP Comparison (Summary of Responses)

From: Scott Brim <swb () newbridge com>
Date: Fri, 08 Jan 1999 14:06:51 -0500

At 12:46 PM 1/8/99 -0500, Antoni Przygienda wrote:
ISPs are customers here and until the world converges
on one
protocol (if it ever will), their needs should be met.

If we do see pressure for convergence, it will be evidence that we've
lost our hold on the multi-tier model.  If we like the multi-tier model
(and so far it's been useful) then we want to continue to make the IGP
you run in a given domain a local matter.  If it weren't we never would
have seen OSPF or ISIS deployed widely in the first place.

Cordiali saluti ... Scott