nanog mailing list archives

Re: Direct Phone Number which is regarding for AS297

From: Nathan Stratton <nathan () robotics net>
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 1999 14:13:27 -0400 (EDT)

On Fri, 10 Sep 1999, Phillip Vandry wrote:

Anyway, I believe it's possible to have a toll free number that's only
dialable in one area and have the same number allocated to someone else
who has a toll free number only dialable from some other area, as long
as the areas don't overlap. So who would the international caller reach
in that case?

Correct, just like my Jamaica example, they allocate 800 number right now
and there is a large amount of overlap. Many such numbers are just not
reachable outside the US or require you to use special routing through the
IXC that provides the number.

--
Check out the new telecom tools site http://www.robotics.net/clec/
<>