nanog mailing list archives

Re: Re: Is MPLS based VPN really feasible in real world situation?

From: nanog () btamail net cn
Date: Tue, 5 Dec 2000 18:11:34 +0800 (GMT)

Does it scale well?
Will you ask for the feeling of your operators facing these PVCs?

On Tue, 5 Dec 2000, Yu Ning wrote:

Hi Nanog,

We've noticed that Global one has already begin to sell its MPLS based VPN,
but we heard the Cisco people says that MPLS can't be widely deployed. Does
anyone know any further detail of Global one's MPLS based VPN, is it real?
Any additional operational cost than traditional VPN ?

Well I can tell you at Exario we decided to go with ATM, we just were not
ready to sell MPLS based VPNs. Voice is a vary strong part of our solution
and that compounded the problems.

<>
Nathan Stratton                               CTO, Exario Networks, Inc.
nathan () robotics net                     nathan () exario net
http://www.robotics.net                 http://www.exario.net

»¶Ó­Ê¹Óà BTA µç×ÓÓʼþϵͳ http://btamail.net.cn
Thank you for using BTA Email system