nanog mailing list archives

RE: Is MPLS based VPN really feasible in real world situation?

From: "Christian Kuhtz" <ck () arch bellsouth net>
Date: Tue, 5 Dec 2000 09:41:41 -0500

Hi Nanog,

We've noticed that Global one has already begin to sell its MPLS based VPN,
but we heard the Cisco people says that MPLS can't be widely deployed. Does
anyone know any further detail of Global one's MPLS based VPN, is it real?
Any additional operational cost than traditional VPN ?

Err. who from Cisco said it can't be widely deployed?

--
Christian Kuhtz <ck () arch bellsouth net> -wk, <ck () gnu org> -hm
Sr. Architect, Engineering & Architecture, BellSouth.net, Atlanta, GA, U.S.