nanog mailing list archives

RE: Where are ATM NAPs going?

From: Jay Ford <jay-ford () uiowa edu>
Date: Mon, 18 Dec 2000 11:12:59 -0600 (CST)

I wrote:
From a research university perspective, the AADS NAP is a cool thing.  It
lets me do peering & various types of transit on a single circuit, & the
availability of the route servers is nice.  The full mesh of PVCs removes
most of the layer 1-2 pain involved with firing up new interactions.  The
circuit to get there isn't cheap, but it seems worth it based on my
experience.