nanog mailing list archives

Re: inter-NOC communications (was:Re: Definition of Congestion)

From: Bill Woodcock <woody () zocalo net>
Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2000 01:36:21 -0800 (PST)

    >   Those of us who are willing to communicate with each other
    >   should go ahead and write up a BCP, because the folks who're
    >   scared to admit that they're fallible won't follow it anyway.

I agree entirely.  I can't stand it when people are too sheepish to
publish Best Common Practices just because there are a few companies that
don't feel like putting in the effort to do a halfway decent job.  God
knows we wouldn't want anyone to feel left out, even if they do insist on
running open relays, or redistributing their IGP or whatever.  Bleah.

                                -Bill