nanog mailing list archives

Re: Fw: Administrivia: ORBS

From: Paul Vixie <vixie () mibh net>
Date: 14 Jan 2000 18:44:29 -0800

        Nope, they'll list anyone who blocks them, regardless of open
        relay status.

If that's true, they're going too far, and won't be able to become
widespread enough to matter.

Right.  MAPS narrowly dodged that same bullet several times in the early days,
and both ORBS and IMRSS were created as direct responses to our well-learned
conservatism about who we will blackhole and why.

That's a damn shame.

Not really.  Failure is a natural consequence of any nonscalable activity.
--
Paul Vixie <vixie () mibh net>