nanog mailing list archives

Re: Fw: Administrivia: ORBS

From: "J.D. Falk" <jdfalk () cybernothing org>
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2000 13:08:13 -0800

On 01/19/00, "Greg A. Woods" <woods () most weird com> wrote:

That's funny.  The kind of service you're arguing against is exactly
what I expect of my telephone, my cell phone, my pager, etc.  Why is an
Internet carrier supposed to be any different.  Get with the real world
Paul and quit fussing about completely meaningless nonsense.

        Speaking of the "real world," ISP's are not considered to be
        common carriers by US law or any other country that I'm aware
        of.  If we were, of course, the whole issue would be VERY
        different, and things like MAPS probably could not exist.

 ---------========== J.D. Falk <jdfalk () cybernothing org> =========---------
  |       Join the Usenet Cabob: It's a secret society on a stick!       |
 ----========== http://www.cybernothing.org/jdfalk/home.html ==========----