nanog mailing list archives

Re: RBL-type BGP service for known rogue networks?

From: Dan Hollis <goemon () sasami anime net>
Date: Thu, 6 Jul 2000 12:36:13 -0700 (PDT)

On Thu, 6 Jul 2000, brett watson wrote:
Im not talking about spammer networks im talking about script kiddie
networks. We already have several systems for dealing with spammers but
none for script kiddies. (I cant be the only person who sees a problem
with this picture?)
the bgp-blackhole effect works just the same wether your after script
kids or spammers.

Yes I KNOW THAT ALREADY. Thank you.

Nobody has answered the question if theres any database for script kiddie
networks. Yes I know theres already RBL RSS etc for SPAMMERS and yes I
know theres BGP blackholing for SPAMMERS.

What nobody is answering is if theres any BGP blackholing service for
SCRIPT KIDDIE NETWORKS.

Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?

-Dan