nanog mailing list archives

Re: Scalable Mail solution with NAS

From: Vadim Antonov <avg () kotovnik com>
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2001 22:52:10 -0800 (PST)

You may want to check Stalker Software's Communigate Pro.

www.stalker.com

(I'm not sure what it can do over NFS but it can support 200k
mailboxes on a single server).

--vadim

On Tue, 30 Jan 2001, Patrick Hollowell wrote:

My company is in the process of evaluating several mail solutions, scalable
to 150k to 200k mailboxes.  One thing we'd like to do is run the message
store over Gig-E on network attached storage.  Two of the vendors we've been
looking at claim performance issues running this solution over NFS.  Does
anyone know of a carrier-class mail solution that will run well on NAS?

Patrick Hollowell
Sr. Network Engineer
CTC Internet Services
phollowell () vnet net