nanog mailing list archives

Re: net.terrorism

From: John Payne <john () sackheads org>
Date: Tue, 9 Jan 2001 05:24:45 -0800

On Tue, Jan 09, 2001 at 01:16:17PM +0100, Sabri Berisha wrote:
After this mail, we contacted Above.net again. They basically told us it
was for our own protection because that traffic from that host does not
comply to their AUP. We specifically told them we really don't mind them
blackholing that host but *announcing* a route for it. So far no response.

More information and logs on http://www.bit.nl/~sabri/above/

bwahahaha

dude, get a clue.  You're learning this route because you pay abovenet
to send you all the routes that they know about (transit).

If you don't like abovenet's decision not to allow traffic to a certain host
to pass across their network, you have three simple choices:

1) filter the route from abovenet
2) change providers
3) do nothing

whinging here isn't going to do anything

--
John Payne      http://www.sackheads.org/jpayne/    john () sackheads org
http://www.sackheads.org/uce/                    Fax: +44 870 0547954