nanog mailing list archives

Re: telnet vs ssh on Core equipment , looking for reasons why ?

From: <up () 3 am>
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2001 10:42:39 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 31 Jul 2001, Ariel Biener wrote:

On Tue, 31 Jul 2001, Stephen J. Wilcox wrote:

*ponder*

But who said I am not on your network ?  What if I penetrated your AAA
server, or, some other server on your network ?

if this is done, you may well already be f*cked, but not neccessarily
because of "sniffing" or "injecting ARP entries", all of which can be
prevented by a decent switch with VLANs, and for more protection, static
port ARP entries.

And what about those that administer their networks from remote locations

how will that work, you're not on my network and my routers wont forward
local packets to you?

Steve