nanog mailing list archives

Re: telnet vs ssh on Core equipment , looking for reasons why ?

From: "Mr. James W. Laferriere" <babydr () baby-dragons com>
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2001 11:24:31 -0400 (EDT)

        Hello All ,  Thank you for the disertations & insight into the
        possible methods of compromising an authentication attempt .

        But , I am really interested more in 'Why' each responsible
        indidvual(s) chose either telnet or ssh to manager their Core
        equipment .

        ssh
        1 )     Has been the encrypted authentication .

        telnet
        1 )     Has been legacy OS's / Equipment olny supporting telnet .