nanog mailing list archives

Re: Stealth Blocking

From: Dan Hollis <goemon () anime net>
Date: Fri, 25 May 2001 11:04:34 -0700 (PDT)

On Fri, 25 May 2001, Shawn McMahon wrote:
I'd completely agree with you for, say, a mailing list; but we're talking
about person A wants the file, person B has the file.  Why should either
one of them jump through hoops?  More importantly, why do you give a shit
how they choose to transfer files to each other?

Because the customer is the one who ends up calling tech support because
their email client exploded while trying to download a 400mb attachment.

SMTP does not mean "bulk binary file transfer protocol".

-Dan