nanog mailing list archives

[no subject]

5.  SUPPORT MAILBOX NAMES FOR SPECIFIC INTERNET SERVICES

   For major Internet protocol services, there is a mailbox defined for
   receiving queries and reports.  (Synonyms are included, here, due to
   their extensive installed base.)

   MAILBOX        SERVICE             SPECIFICATIONS
   -----------    ----------------    ---------------------------
   POSTMASTER     SMTP                [RFC821], [RFC822]
   HOSTMASTER     DNS                 [RFC1033-RFC1035]
   USENET         NNTP                [RFC977]
   NEWS           NNTP                Synonym for USENET
   WEBMASTER      HTTP                [RFC 2068]
   WWW            HTTP                Synonym for WEBMASTER
   UUCP           UUCP                [RFC976]
   FTP            FTP                 [RFC959]

Regards,
Gregory Hicks

Gregory Hicks                           | Principal Systems Engineer
Cadence Design Systems                  | Direct:   408.576.3609
555 River Oaks Pkwy M/S 6B1             | Fax:      408.894.3479
San Jose, CA 95134                      | Internet: ghicks () cadence com

"I worry about my child and the Internet all the time, even though
she's too young to have logged on yet.  Here's what I worry about.  I
worry that 10 or 15 years from now, she will come to me and say 'Daddy,
where were you when they took freedom of the press away from the
Internet?'" --from the Cryptography list