nanog mailing list archives

Re: slowing down every 60 seconds due to BGP scaner

From: "Robert Boyle" <robert () tellurian com>
Date: Sat, 15 Sep 2001 16:14:09 -0400

BOOTFLASH: 7200 Software (C7200-BOOT-M), Version 11.1(19)CC1, EARLY
DEPLOYMENT RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc1)

Consider updating your bootflash to be somewhere near currrent
(something from 12.2T would be good, identical to the current version

Good advice.

Presuming you aren't running low on memory (show mem sum) or trying
push a ton of packets through it, I'd say this is likely a
cutting-edge-code problem, not a platform problem, and a hardware
upgrade might not do anything to help you.  I don't know anyone who
is (admits to?)  using 12.2* in production.  You say you need MSDP

:) We are using  12.2(1) in production. It is stable except... CEF is
wierd, PPP Multilink doesn't work, and there is a small memory leak
with BGP. We NEED to run it for PPPoE support over ATM. It is
realatively well behaved considering it is bleeding edge.

-Robert