nanog mailing list archives

Re: new openssh issue

From: Valdis.Kletnieks () vt edu
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2003 15:50:04 -0400

On Tue, 16 Sep 2003 15:33:03 EDT, Richard A Steenbergen said:

patched, but does anybody know whether there's a problem with the
criscos?  (as in "how do I configure my router for that?" ;-)

Or better yet, the OpenSSH running on Junipers? Nothing on Juniper's site
about a vulnerability so far.

A posting to full-disclosure quotes Theo as saying HP and Cisco are affected,
and I don't see any reason that Juniper would *NOT* be, given the common code
base of the OpenSSH implementations.  I'm not going to say the routers are
vulnerable, but I *would* say that ACLs blocking port 22 to the router might
be a good idea.....