nanog mailing list archives

Re: Out of office/vacation messages

From: Valdis.Kletnieks () vt edu
Date: Fri, 02 Jan 2004 15:59:01 -0500

On Fri, 02 Jan 2004 15:07:42 EST, "McBurnett, Jim" said:

No, you setup the rules once and then turn on the OoO when necessary..
I have 40 or so rules.. and they are relatively easy..

As long as you don't forget to add one.  The point is you're still basically
working around a basic deficiency in the product that has had easy solutions
for 2 decades.

I seem remember a conversation about a "big" business standard would not
be a "big"
business standard without good reason......

"You buy the upgrade, or we break your data" is generally considered a good reason.

I don't recall saying that the good reason had to be a *technical* one. :)