nanog mailing list archives

RE: MS is vulnerable

From: Gregory Hicks <ghicks () cadence com>
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2004 09:53:28 -0800 (PST)

(Setting Reply-to: nanog-offtopic () lists blank org ....)

From: "Matthew Kaufman" <matthew () eeph com>
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2004 09:31:58 -0800

This MS v Unix debate is a very interesting discussion.

To some of you. To others of us, it is a long-dead horse.

However, I'd like to take a moment to inject my observations.

I'd like the NANOG list to be restricted to Network Operations
issues, or at the very least, Network Operations plus the politics and
ranting thereof.

And this is why we have the nanog offtopic list at

nanog-offtopic () lists blank org

From a previous message In March 2003:

This seems like an apropos point to remind people of the existance of
nanog-offtopic () lists blank org.  All of the friendly bickering with
the people you know and love and/or loathe; 100% less of the
annoying-of-Susan and people-looking-for-operational-content.

To subscribe, drop a line to nanog-offtopic-subscribe () lists blank org.

Regards,
Gregory Hicks
Gregory Hicks                        | Principal Systems Engineer
Cadence Design Systems               | Direct:   408.576.3609
555 River Oaks Pkwy M/S 6B1          | Fax:      408.894.3400
San Jose, CA 95134                   | Internet: ghicks () cadence com

"The trouble with doing anything right the first time is that nobody
appreciates how difficult it was."

When a team of dedicated individuals makes a commitment to act as
one...  the sky's the limit.

Just because "We've always done it that way" is not necessarily a good
reason to continue to do so...  Grace Hopper, Rear Admiral, United
States Navy