nanog mailing list archives

Re: Spamhaus Exposed

From: "Sam Stickland" <sam_ml () spacething org>
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2004 16:24:25 -0000

up () 3 am wrote:

So, the US gov't is "Satan" going after "innocent" hackers in Wales?
It still boggles my mind how prevelant this shallow, trendy attitude
is in Europe, even among supposedly educated people.  Why think when
you can just join the crowd spewing ignorance, as long as it sounds
Bohemian and anti-establishment?

PS: Without Satan, there would be no Internet for you to express your
considered opions on.

I think the US comes across as a very righteous country to the rest of the
world, with all the good and bad conatations that brings with it.

right·eous
adj.
1. Morally upright; without guilt or sin: a righteous parishioner.
2. In accordance with virtue or morality: a righteous judgment.
3. Morally justifiable: righteous anger, righteous indignation.

"Fearless in his righteous cause."
  - Milton.

"I prefer the most unfair peace to the most righteous war."
  - Cicero.

"People must have righteous principals in the first, and then they will not
fail to perform virtuous actions."
  - Martin Luther

"Lord save us from the fury of the righteous"
  - Unknown

Anyway, I should get back to some actual network engineering and less
popcorn eating, diverting as this thread is.

Sam