nanog mailing list archives

Re: EFF whitepaper

From: Richard Welty <rwelty () averillpark net>
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 2004 19:35:31 -0500 (EST)

On Mon, 15 Nov 2004 10:07:20 -0500 Peering <Peering () xspedius com> wrote:

From personal experience, whether you check that you want further
mailings from MoveOn.org or not, they send them to you anytime you send
anything (petitions, letters, etc) from their website.  They're also not
that great about taking you off when you complain (I have had to
complain 2-3 times per incident).  For this reason, no matter how I feel
about the subject, I won't go through them anymore.

Hopefully one of their contacts is listening, because their mail policy
is really obnoxious.

deja vu all over again.

i had this conversation (about unconfirmed mailings) with a staffer at
the dean campaign earlier this year. the general feeling i got was that
they don't clearly understand the problem, and are much more concerned
about creating a barrier to entry than worrying about creating a barrier
to mail abuse.

sigh,
  richard
--
Richard Welty                                         rwelty () averillpark net