nanog mailing list archives

Re: Blocking certain terrorism/porn sites and DNS

From: "Jonathan M. Slivko" <lists () slivko org>
Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2005 06:07:44 -0400

Yeps, a sys admin could do that. Sure. But we dont want others also to
see that website. Is it possible by deleting that entery from the
whois database is my question.

No - not without some high level intervention at the registry and seeing as
they are in the US under US law, it's not very likely to happen (freedom of
speech/press, etc.). You could also set the firewall policy company wide at
the network distribution point (where the Internet comes into the facility
from the outside). But, that's censorship which I don't support except in
rare cases.

-- Jonathan