nanog mailing list archives

Re: Fundamental changes to Internet architecture

From: Eric Gauthier <eric () roxanne org>
Date: Fri, 1 Jul 2005 09:45:32 -0400

It is about wasting taxpayers money while watching china deploy IPv9.

Though I'm not positive, my impression is that NLR currently being built not by
the NSF but by "member institutions" - which is to say by research Universities
that are a part of the Internet2 project.  Because we're being asked to pay for
it directly, many of the institutions are balking because we don't see the
benifit.  I

Its likely that NLR is looking back to the NSF because of this lack of
"funding"...

Eric :)