nanog mailing list archives

Re: The whole alternate-root ${STATE}horse (was Re: Enable BIND cache server to resolve chinese domain name?)

From: Tony Finch <dot () dotat at>
Date: Wed, 6 Jul 2005 11:00:57 +0100

On Wed, 6 Jul 2005, Brad Knowles wrote:

      There's not much we can do to stop the alternate roots.  They already
exist, and at least two are currently in operation.  However, I think we can
look at what it is that they're offering in terms of i18n and see what we can
do to address those issues from inside the system.

They aren't offering i18n, they're offering l10n, because their systems
only work for a small localized community, not the whole international
Internet.

Tony.
--
f.a.n.finch  <dot () dotat at>  http://dotat.at/
BISCAY: WEST 5 OR 6 BECOMING VARIABLE 3 OR 4. SHOWERS AT FIRST. MODERATE OR