nanog mailing list archives

Re: IPv6 news

From: "Christopher L. Morrow" <christopher.morrow () mci com>
Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2005 22:55:09 +0000 (GMT)

On Thu, 13 Oct 2005, Jeroen Massar wrote:

On Thu, 2005-10-13 at 11:05 -0700, Peter Lothberg wrote:

Is there anyone who can talk to it using IPv6 on the Nanog list?

(Time20.Stupi.SE, 2001:0440:1880:1000::0020)

As a certain "Tier 1" still uses a mesh of tunnels and uses Viagenie in
Canada as their transit provider latency to the above IP is in the area
of 300ms, going transatlantic twice. IPv4 latency is only 66ms though.
I do hope that some "Tier 1's" get their act together and start doing
native IPv6. I already once suggested upgrading their hardware to
them ;)

I also presume you sent them a check and showed them the business case for
the upgrade? No large provider is going to upgrade anything without a
business reason. Oh, and some parts, critical parts even, of v6 are still
'broken'...