nanog mailing list archives

Re: IPv6 news

From: Paul Jakma <paul () clubi ie>
Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2005 12:42:15 +0100 (IST)

On Mon, 17 Oct 2005, Michael.Dillon () btradianz com wrote:

I agree that the end state is *NOT* 100% multihoming. It is too complex for most people and there is no business justification for it. But an awful lot of business customers will be able to justify multihoming. That is part and parcel of the "mission critical" Internet.

Portability is another aspect. You mightn't need multihoming for failover (don't know about you, but my ISP is plenty reliable), but you might want the ability to be "multihomed over time".

Course, IPv6 makes renumbering really easy, so maybe that argument is moot.

regards,
--
Paul Jakma      paul () clubi ie        paul () jakma org       Key ID: 64A2FF6A
Fortune: