nanog mailing list archives

Re: DNS Amplification Attacks

From: Joseph S D Yao <jsdy () center osis gov>
Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2006 11:41:38 -0500

On Tue, Mar 21, 2006 at 07:09:49AM +0000, Andy Davidson wrote:
Joseph S D Yao wrote:
[...]
service except perhaps to their own population, than against what can
you compare the DNS service that you are getting, to see whether it is
giving you what "the world" should be seeing?

DNS looking glasses, in much the same way that we use web-form based BGP
or traceroute looking glasses today.

Yes, I think I wrote one of those.  ;-)  It would have to become a
common service to allow folks to trust the service [by comparing
outputs].

--
Joe Yao