nanog mailing list archives

Re: Black Frog - the botnets keep coming

From: RLVaughn <Randy_Vaughn () baylor edu>
Date: Thu, 25 May 2006 11:39:39 -0500

Henry Linneweh wrote:
Personally as a manager I want to know the problem and
then the workable solution. I just don't see that many
bot nets happening anymore.

From my vantage point I do see students writing bot
nets more for programming skills than for malicious
attacks.

With several hundred million people and computers on
the inter network, there will always be an aberration,
caused by some social or mental or emotional defect.

Workable technical solutions, not new laws or rants
will make these issues, less of an issue operationally
in the long run.

-Henry
<snip>

Gadi asked if I have any botnets from DA's list on SBC.

Indeed, I have three suspect C&Cs on SBC and a six more on ATT which
I will be happy to share with you off list.

Randy