nanog mailing list archives

Re: register.com down sev0?

From: "Chris L. Morrow" <christopher.morrow () verizonbusiness com>
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2006 14:59:28 +0000 (GMT)

On Wed, 25 Oct 2006 alex () pilosoft com wrote:

I'm seeing *.register.com down (including ns*) from everywhere. Just a
heads-up. Would be interesting to see the RFO for that one, including the
"why we didn't have any DNS servers offsite or used anycast to at least
limit amount of damage".

just guessing but:
1) it's 'hard'
2) there is very little 'sla' on anything register.com does ? (no idea,
not a customer)
3) it's 'hard'
4) why? this is the 100yr flood scenario for them? (perhaps)

cost/benefit ... analyze :) It's possible that that 'analyze' part may
change if there is significant fall-out from this event though.