nanog mailing list archives

Re: tech support being flooded due to IE 0day

From: Jared Mauch <jared () puck nether net>
Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2006 00:11:33 -0400

On Fri, Sep 22, 2006 at 12:01:58PM +0800, Adrian Chadd wrote:

On Thu, Sep 21, 2006, Gadi Evron wrote:

Paranoia has its place, but this ain't the place.

The report is NOT paranoia. Several LARGE user ISPs suffer immensely from
this. Use this information if it is useful to you and you encounter the
same problems.

Does it impact the network operation?

Eg, does it adversely affect the network? (say, like Beagle did.)

        I was thinking sql-slammer, massive flood causing signifcant
amount of network infrastructure to go down.  (people on low speed links
with large blocks of address space were DoS'ed off the network).

        I don't think of drive-by browser/desktop infection as a networking
issue, more of an end-host issue.

        - Jared

--
Jared Mauch  | pgp key available via finger from jared () puck nether net