nanog mailing list archives

Re: ISP CALEA compliance

From: Donald Stahl <don () calis blacksun org>
Date: Fri, 11 May 2007 15:09:35 -0400 (EDT)

A _much_ longer version of this was sent privately- but I had to take public exception to the following comment:

I'm not surprised that when they are dealing with companies that delete
all evidence they might need or push as much red tape as possible, that
the LEA turns around and scrutinizes the company to find where they might
be in breach of the law.
You are saying it's ok for people in power to be vindictive assholes. You are saying it is ok to govern through intimidation.

I am both incredulous as well as fearful for the future of our country.

-Don