nanog mailing list archives

Re: IPv6: IS-IS or OSPFv3

From: Mark Tinka <mtinka () globaltransit net>
Date: Wed, 31 Dec 2008 08:21:41 +0800

On Wednesday 31 December 2008 03:14:13 am Roque Gagliano
wrote:

at least in my case, I did turned ISISv6 in one WAN
interface where the router on the other side (a Cisco)
did not have the "ipv6 unicast routing" general command
on and the isis adjacency went down completely. So, yes
that was an issue.

One of the things I'm hoping Cisco can fix in not-too-
distant future releases of IOS.

But if you enabled IPv6 in both ends
first and then one interface at the time, it worked.

What we saw on our test segment was that v4 adjacencies were
not torn down by merely enabling IS-ISv6 on an interface
(given that JunOS enables IS-ISv6 by default when IS-IS is
enabled on the router; in IOS, you have to explicitly turn
IS-ISv6 on).

v4 adjacencies were torn down *after* an IPv6 address was
added to the interface. We witnessed this issue under both
IOS and JunOS.

Cheers,

Mark.