nanog mailing list archives

RE: OSPF vs IS-IS vs PrivateAS eBGP

From: "Ivan Pepelnjak" <ip () ioshints info>
Date: Thu, 20 Aug 2009 21:30:07 +0200

The only issue with using ebgp is getting enough of my
staff that actually understand bgp  to the point where they
can deploy it themselves without having to get me involved on
every install. I think I can make this pretty cookie-cutter
config to start off and then work from there.

For those of them that prefer eye candy to real study :), I've made a few
video clips when the weather was really bad last winter and I couldn't go
rock climbing ...

http://wiki.nil.com/BGP (the "Videos" section")

They are targeted at using BGP in MPLS VPN networks, but are useful in other
similar scenarios as well.

So my deployment strategy will be ebgp with
multihmed customers. I just had to poke the fire so I had
some ammo for upper management when they ask why I decide to go ebgp.

Ah, that was the reason ... You could have told us in advance and my
previous reply would have been even more explicit :))

Good luck!
Ivan

http://www.ioshints.info/about
http://blog.ioshints.info/