nanog mailing list archives

RE: ISIS route summarization

From: "Ivan Pepelnjak" <ip () ioshints info>
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2009 11:00:44 +0100

The short answer is "NO". L2 IS-IS is a single SPF domain and all routers
are supposed to have identical view of the network. If you want
IS-IS-provided aggregation, you need to use L1 and L2.

There are only two protocols that allow unlimited levels of aggregation: BGP
and EIGRP :)

Ivan

http://www.ioshints.info/about
http://blog.ioshints.info/