nanog mailing list archives

Re: What is good in modular routers these days?

From: Adrian Chadd <adrian () creative net au>
Date: Wed, 22 Jul 2009 00:45:31 +0800

On Tue, Jul 21, 2009, Petersen, Mark wrote:

FreeBSD provides support for 802.11q, bgpd, ospfd, pf(firewall) and
ALTQ(QOS) but since I haven't tested it I have no idea what kind of real
world performance you can get with all these features in use.

This is one group trying to pony up at least with support of many major
vendors.

The main current funding source for work being committed back to FreeBSD's
10GE performance has a very big focus on server performance, not forwarding
performance. Hence the flow cache, which benefits TCP stream performance.

Adrian