nanog mailing list archives

Re: Failover how much complexity will it add?

From: adel () baklawasecrets com
Date: Mon, 09 Nov 2009 10:53:03 +0000

You will laugh, but the budget at the moment looks like £13k.  Impossible?  Do only linux and openbsd solutions remain
in the mix for this pittance?

On Sun  11:47 PM , Dale Rumph <daler () ibbs com> wrote:

What does your budget look like? A pair of Cisco 7246vxr's with G1's
sitting on the edge of the network would be very effective and still allow
expansion. Or you could go up to the 7609. However this gear may be
slightly overkill. You might be ok with a 3660 enterprise and a ton of
ram. I have done single sessions on them but not with the level of HA your
looking for.

Just my 2c