nanog mailing list archives

Re: Edu versus Speakeasy Speedtest

From: Bret Clark <bclark () spectraaccess com>
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 2010 09:01:23 -0400

Jeff wrote:

The problem is the Faculty^Wusers are smart, but not experienced in networking, so they buy into the marketing and eye candy of the speed dials on the Speakeasy and assorted speed testing tool sites.
Not just them, we are constantly dealing with our new HS users who go to those sites then call us to complain that they are not getting the speed they are suppose to get...ugh! It's like clock work, a new circuit goes in and a few hours later we're getting the old "I went to Speakeasy...blah blah blah"!

Bret