nanog mailing list archives

Re: ARIN IP6 policy for those with legacy IP4 Space

From: Mark Keymer <mark () viviotech net>
Date: Wed, 07 Apr 2010 22:51:22 -0700

Hi,

I guess I am confused. Don't you have to pay for IP4 space? I know I am still fairly new to things. So maybe I just don't get it.

Sincerely,

Mark

Antonio Querubin wrote:

On Wed, 7 Apr 2010, Kevin Stange wrote:

How much IPv6 address space were they expecting?  I have trouble
envisioning any operation that could require more than a /32 immediately
that can't afford to pay $4500 per YEAR.

Amount of address space wasn't the problem. The application was actually approved by ARIN. However, fighting for a line in the budget for the unexpected fee(s) and the prospect of having to push the RSA through state government lawyers was enough to dissuade them that IPv6 just wasn't important enough at this time.

Antonio Querubin
808-545-5282 x3003
e-mail/xmpp:  tony () lava net