nanog mailing list archives

Re: ip address management

From: Andy Davidson <andy () nosignal org>
Date: Wed, 03 Feb 2010 12:51:20 +0000

On 02/02/2010 21:14, Scott Berkman wrote:
I was about to suggest IPPlan, but it is lacking the V6 support.  Here is
one I found doing some searching, but I haven't used it myself:

We use IPPlan for ipv4 and a fairly flexible, but less fully featured management program called vim for ipv6.

Migrating our data out of ipplan to something else is a flashpoint that can lead to error, but we might have to do that.

It looks like the lack of ipv6 support in ipplan is partly due to the maintainer not wanting to support it, so we might be tempted to (if the license permits) fork the project and hack in support. We have hacked it a lot already to build user-based containment between resources, so that we can have a vlan schema for many networks, and many customers (with their own logins, and only visability of their own subnets) in the same instance. If we hack v6 support in, we could release the finished project - I think there was opposition to doing that thus far because the developer was embarrassed about some of the hacks ;-)

Andy